This streamlined de-luxe version of the 14hp saloon was introduced at the 1948 Motor Show and intended to appeal to the more modern taste, but its higher price tag counted against it.
|Lea-Francis 1767cc, 70bhp
The six-light had independent front suspension and hydro-mechanical brakes from the start (the four-light saloon only had them a year later).
Although more modern in appearance, the body was still coachbuilt with a wooden frame susceptible to rot, and the front doors were extremely heavy since the wings were faired into them and tended to drop in spite of the rollers provided to support them.
About 200 were built, of which nine are currently in the Club.